Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Splish, splash, uh-oh

I didn't mean for it to happen. I was on the boat. With a cup of coffee. And my computer. A little wave rocked the boat and my coffee splashed out onto my computer. Right into the question mark and period. I panicked. I tipped it on its side. I blotted it with paper towels. It beeped a bit. I knew it was hurting.

I didn't do the right things, though. I didn't immediately turn it off. I didn't shut it down for 24 hours, upside down to drain out all of the liquid.

It's now at a repair place. The good news is that it CAN be repaired. No lost programs or files. A new keyboard on order from the factory, in stock, so I'll have it back by the end of the week. Yay!

In the meantime, not so much blogging.

A word to the wise: be careful with liquids around your computers!

No comments: