Sunday, April 13, 2014

non-Apron painting

The "Apron Stirrings" show continues to hang and draw positive and excited comments. But, now, for a break from Aprons!

Everywhere I look, the Spring flowers are filling the landscape with color and pollen. Timing is everything when you paint between sneezes.

Since my acrylic paints are still out, I continued with them for this subject. The painting sat on my easel for a couple of weeks, unfinished, and unsatisfactory, with no line work. Then, one day I saw it and thought about my India ink and decided to "wreck" it. The lines brought focus and depth to what were good shapes but a boring painting.

Spring? Oh, yes. Bring it on!



The Lumineers "Flowers in Your Hair."



2 comments:

Jan Yates, SCA, Canada said...

you mean 'Spring' it on!! this is so alive with rhythm and chroma-beautiful fluid lines!

*congrats on your show!

Angie said...

Love it!

Spring sprang up here! Everything is covered in pollen. Our decks look a faded yellow. Excuse me while I go sneeze! ;-》