Friday, May 19, 2017

birthday reflection

Self portrait, collage, ink
Another year older. AARP birthday greetings mix in with other cards from family and friends. Thanks. I know. I am older.

But, I am not upset by getting older. No, in fact I am stunned by how much more beautiful life gets as I age. Probably, because my father passed away last year, I have a different sense of how fragile and short life is. Plus, I get to spend time with my three grandsons (5, 3, and 3) and I am invigorated by how exciting and mysterious and joyous life is.

A little sorrow with the sweet. That is life.

Middle age, and with that some understanding. There are no second times around, so I must make the very most of every day I am alive.

Happy birthday to me!



Happy Birthday a capella fun. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Sarah Bachhuber Peroutka said...

Happy birthday, dear Katherine! I enjoyed your reflective post. Thank you, as always, for sharing your spirit so freely.