Saturday, December 27, 2008

Faces of Kimberly

I admit it. I love faces. I love to study faces, and to paint a face gives me lots of pleasure.

Some artists in the PPASP group are working on a Portrait Project. We are partnered with another artist and part of the project is to paint portraits of one another. It is up to each artist to paint either from life or from photos or from a combination of both.

Kimberly is my partner. Here are two portraits I have painted of her. It is curious to me how each one reveals a different aspect of how I experience her. These are not intended to be photo realistic, but to be expressions of her. In a way, they are visual representations of my feelings about being with her. Hard to put words to that exactly, but I hope you understand what I mean.

Both are pastel on Wallis Sanded Paper, 18 x 24.

No comments: