Saturday, December 17, 2011

sketchbooks in my suitcase

Whenever I start to pack for a trip, I make sure that I pack books that inspire me to sketch more, to sketch better, and to sketch smarter. Danny Gregory is an all-time favorite of mine. This book, "The Creative License," is already in my suitcase, along with two blank sketchbooks, various drawing supplies, watercolors, and colored pencils. 

I had to pull out my new set of Inktense pencils. Roz Stendahl, of the wonderful blog "Roz Wound Up," rates the Ink Tense pencils as non-archival and states that they fade in a closed sketchbook.That left room for some Prismacolor Pencils.

I looked on YouTube for more from Danny Gregory, and found this video. It's Gregory introducing his book "An Illustrated Life." As soon as I watched the video, I ran to my bookshelf and packed this book in my travel kit!




No comments: