Thursday, June 21, 2012

reading

"How to Grow as an Artist" by Daniel Grant.  This is just one of several art books I brought on this boating adventure.

Although some of the information is dated (the book was published in 2002), I still found many gems inside. It covers a wide variety of subjects that interest most artists, like how to set up a safe working environment, how to present work to a gallery, where to go for art instruction, how to overcome blocks, discussion of materials and suppliers. As I said, some of the particular references to websites and people are no longer valid, the ideas still are.

These websites are new discoveries for me, thanks to the book:


Here is my favorite, a bit of a quote from Wolf Kahn

  "...create art that is personal and meaningful."

Special thanks to Jan Heigh who loaned me this book!


No comments: