Wednesday, December 19, 2012

movement and music


 I have a drawer full of Christmas music. Some is written for piano, two hands or four hands or two pianos. Some is written for piano and clarinet or piano and trumpet or piano and saxophone. Most recently, I have found some music written for piano and viola.

Over the years, I have loved our Christmas tradition that includes me at the piano and others joining in with their instruments. My sons used to play clarinet, saxophone, and trumpet in these impromptu recitals. And now, one of daughters in law plays viola.

I am looking forward to Christmas music (I'll bring my keyboard) with my kids. It will be loud and filled with wrong notes (most of them mine) but we will laugh and have a good time.

Here's a surprising take on the familiar "Carol of the Bells." I hope you enjoy it!

"Carol of the Bells" for 12 cellos.





2 comments:

Sergio DS said...

Thank you for this present, really lovely... all.

I wish you a Merry Christmas!

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Enjoyed your post today. I loved the video.
Merry Christmas.