Tuesday, January 8, 2013

workshop with Bill Park: don't stop me now!

22 x 17, acrylic on sketch paper
I know I have been to a good workshop when I come home alive with energy to paint more.

After Bill Park's five day workshop, "Painting with Pleasure, Seriously," I want to paint and never stop. I am not sure how it happened, exactly, but during the course of the five days I felt a door open inside me and I not only stepped through, I have taken a few steps to the other side.

Words seem to limit the experience, so I'll just share a few images of my new work and let them speak their thousands of words.


30 x 24, acrylic on canvas
30 x 24, acrylic on canvas
Queen "Don't Stop Me Now."




9 comments:

Nicole said...

Such beautiful work (I still see a Japanese figure in that first one). I enjoyed being in class with you!! Nicole

SamArtDog said...

YEEEE-HAW!!!

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Really eye catching work. I'm particularly drawn to the first painting. Don't you love it when you have an AH HA moment?

Ralph said...

Marvellous marvellous artwork so full of life and feeling.

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

Nicole: I enjoyed meeting you, too, and look forward to seeing what comes next for you! Thank you for your comment.

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

Sam and Nancy: appreciate your enthusiasm for the new work. Thanks!

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

Thank you, Ralph. Your comments mean a lot.

Ruth Armitage said...

I love studying with Bill! So glad you had a good experience :) Your new work is sublime :)

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

Thank you, Ruth!