Sunday, December 28, 2014

2014 ending


For years I have wondered what to do with my Christmas poinsettia plant. If watered and cared for, it can last many months and seems incongruous in full bloom at Easter. Not that I mind the dissonance of a Christmas plant in spring, but eventually I stop watering it and let it die.

Not so this year. Petal by petal, leaf by leaf, I deconstructed my plant and used each piece as part of a nature print. Carefully rolling inks and paints over the parts and then pressing them to paper. It was a sweet labor of love.

By pulling something apart and reconstructing it in a new way,
 the truth and essence and beauty comes into focus. 

Wishing you all a peaceful end of this year, and a beautiful construction of 2015!


Daniel Carter "Auld Lang Syne."


1 comment:

Jan Heigh said...

What a good idea! And wonderful results.

Jan