Wednesday, July 8, 2009

July 6 and 7


(click to enlarge)

More sketchbook pages. Sigh. I had hoped that today I would paint.

There are 44 pieces of 18 x 24 Wallis Museum sanded paper in my portfolio, waiting for masterpieces to be painted on them during this boat trip. What can I say? I had big plans for myself when I started out. And now I have boxes full of grayed pastels and I haven't used any of them yet!

I like what's happening in my sketchbook, though, and I am happy to share that. Oh, the drawings aren't always well done, but they are my genuine responses to experiences in the moment. With the heavy mist and drizzle, pastel painting has been out of the question for me anyway.

If the weather is dry tomorrow morning I will set up my easel on the bow of the boat and paint my tribute to Gig Harbor. That is, if the wind isn't blowing. I don't mind wind too much, but we are hanging on the anchor and it would make my painting experience be more of a merry-go-round and round and back again.

Come to think of it, that might be fun, too.

No comments: