Sunday, July 25, 2010

Between Juneau and Sitka: Tenakee Inlet


On a long boat trip, it's important to get out and walk when the getting is good. From my standpoint, walking on a logging road with bears in the woods nearby is OUT OF THE QUESTION! But, when we turned into Tenakee Inlet, we were able to tie up at the dock of Tenakee Springs and walk through the charming small town. With a population of less than 100, this is a very small town. Homes line the 10'wide (1.5 miles long) dirt road and we walked the road and talked to the people we met.

We anchored near Crab Bay in Tenakee Inlet and I painted this in the time before our 10:00 sunset.

3 comments:

Pam Holnback said...

Have you thought bout including a map? I know approximately where you guys are, but not exactly. I'll google it.

Jan Yates, SCA said...

really like the mood and strength of this one

Casey Klahn said...

Very emotive. Keep posting - I am reading!