Monday, November 14, 2011

art and MY music this time .. YouTube debut!

In the last few weeks, I have been having a blast collaborating with my friend, Dann Parks, on some music. He wanted to experiment with  "Prima," a vocaloid digitalized voice. I wanted to do something musical.

And, after he picked out the song and programed her vocals, he had me write/arrange and play the musical accompaniment. I played a synthesizer keyboard hooked into his computer program and then we manipulated the sounds. Thought you might enjoy hearing the result. 

The next piece is already in the works, without Prima,  but, I'm sure she'll be back to sing more tunes. I hear that she is especially good at Italian and Spanish pronunciations!! What a kick!

Listen here for "Deep Peace" or play the video below.

6 comments:

Celeste Bergin said...

wow...the music came out great---good work! Love the visual too :)

Casey Klahn said...

Fun - I am enjoying this. Congratulations.

Jan Yates, SCA, Canada said...

WOW is right! congratulations!
*and i enjoyed scrolling your own rhythm of work while listening-really like this new one

Anonymous said...

Katherine, what kind of keyboard are you using that plugs into a computer? And what is the computer program used? I'm trying to stay abreast of the things my son is interested in, for future purchases.

Unknown said...

Hello Joni. I use a program called Sony Acid Pro to record the music. There is a simplified (and inexpensive) version called Sony Acid Music Studio that your son can use to create all kinds of music by combining loops of different instrument sounds provided in the software.

Just about any electronic keyboard made today can plug into a computer. There are some simple keyboards called "MIDI controllers" that use the computer to generate the sounds. I wish I had this stuff when I was a kid :^) Dann

Anonymous said...

Great! Thanks for the information, that helps a lot. Kids have so many resources available to them now.