Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Photography Exhibit at PAM

January 11 is the last day of the exhibit "Wild Beauty: Photographs of the Columbia River Gorge" at the Portland Art Museum. I enjoyed the show so much, I went again yesterday with friends.

While waiting for my group, I picked a spot on a bench and did this quick sketch of some of the people enjoying the show. I love little sketches like this. They remind me of my experiences in a vivid way!

I carry a Moleskin pad in my purse and a ready supply of pens and pencils. Like a good Girl Scout, er, I mean artist, I am always prepared! I love it!

2 comments:

LaValle Linn said...

The sketch is a beautiful place mark of the day. Your journal must be wonderful. For a great read of once lost and then recovered journals, try Motoring with Mohammed by Eric Hansen. ... LaValle

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

Thanks for your comment, LaValle! I popped over to your blog -- interesting idea! I'll be watching!