Friday, September 3, 2010

Roche Harbor with Angie

While we chatted over coffee aboard her boat, M/V Desert Venture, I sketched this little portrait of Angie. She and her husband, Bruce, are full-time live aboard cruisers and she keeps a wonderful blog about their adventures. You can check it out here.

We met them a couple of years ago when we were on our boat up in the Broughton Archipelago in British Columbia. Our friendship has grown as they spent two winters in Portland and Angie is the person who got help for me when I nearly died in the waters of Bremerton. Whenever I see her, I think of the line I wrote in this blog July 2009, "Angie saved my life."

It has been a special treat to spend the last week with them in the water of Roche Harbor. This morning, they pulled up their anchor and departed for points south. I will miss them. Good friends are precious, indeed.

Angie liked the little sketch I did of her, and I was happy to give it to her. Life is good. Don't ever think otherwise. I know I won't.

2 comments:

Celeste Bergin said...

I was saved from drowning too..when I was about 9 years old. My life saver was/is my contemporary (same age). I have always loved her more than anyone ever! I think we are supposed to repay our saviors...(but I never figured out how!)
We are eternally grateful to Angie! Great idea to sketch her.

Angie said...

Thanks for the portrait and sentiment! It made me misty. ;-) Saying goodbye is hard. However, Bruce and I know - more than most - that the waterfront is a small world! Please take care on the water! Hugs! Angie