Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Bewitched


This morning, as I got ready for my morning meeting of the Portland Plein Air and Studio Painters, I packed a few extra supplies. You can see them in the lower photograph. Drawing board. Box with various papers. Box with drawing implements. Long black haired wig. Witch's hat. I had an idea, a surprise for my group.

I am grateful to all of the good sports in our group. I suggested that we could take turns modeling and drawing one another as witches. All in good Halloween fun. We laughed a lot. I practiced looking wicked, but only managed to look mischievous. Sigh. You can see many of the results in the top photo. Click on the image to see an enlarged view.

Speaking of witches, that reminds me of the iconic Margaret Hamilton as the Wicked Witch of the West from "The Wizard of Oz." Any other fans out there?




2 comments:

Celeste Bergin said...

Kvan....the one who "inspires"...how true that is! You made the morning super-fun. Thanks for dreaming this up.

Jonita said...

I love that you had a witches hat on hand to make your art morning a little more creative than usual.