Saturday, June 28, 2008

Hope Island painting and glare


Up early this morning to start painting before 7:00 (that's almost a record for me!). The water was smooth and the temperature warm enough for shorts. The wind picked up as I was painting and sprinkled pastel dust all over the bow of the boat. After I was finished painting, I had to hose off and scrub the deck. A pain. But worth it.

The second photo is a study of glare and how really bright light alters objects and my perception of them and their color. This is at Orcas Island. Safe passage through Deception Pass and now a safe anchorage near the small village of Olga on Orcas Island.

Life is good!

1 comment:

Celeste Bergin said...

well, that is nothing short of fantastic...seeing your pastels and painting there on the bow! Excellent looking painting!