Sunday, July 13, 2008

Traveling North

Desolation Sound is a beautiful area of water, islands, harbors, wildlife and lots of other boaters enjoying the beauty, too. We've seen lots of eagles, and other birds. I watched three separate mother mergansers with their babies in tow, going across various distances of water. The first mama had 17 babies! I couldn't believe it! She seemed to keep track of all of them, even the one (there's always one) who kept lollygagging behind.

Walking through Campbell River yesterday, I saw some paintings that were done with watercolor and heavy black ink lines. I bought some black ink and I'll be experimenting with that tomorrow. Good thing the sun rises to early, I feel that hum inside that I guess all artists feel when something has captured our attention!


2 comments:

bullwinkle said...

Were the heavy black lines outlines? Or were they used for accent?
Speaking of the use of black as an accent, I visited with Elton Bennett up in Grays Harbor back when I was teaching screen printing in the 70's. Though he was killed in a plane crash a month after our visit, he has a website because of his daughters. Check out www.eltonbennett.com
Tell me what you think.

Suzanne said...

I love your paintings and photos. Such a beautiful paradise!