Tuesday, July 8, 2008

More watercolor sketches





It's been a grand adventure so far. Some moments more scary than "grand" but all in all a great time.

I was determined to try to paint every day of this trip and so far I've been able to do that and more.

I was disappointed to discover that the big block of watercolor paper I brought was hot press, not cold or rough as I prefer. Ah well. The paint just sits on the sized, smooth paper and doesn't mix and blend like I'd hoped. Live and learn.

Here are some of my little sketches plus one full sheet watercolor, done on that miserable hot press paper. Life is good.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I think your work on the hot press is really good. I don't think you should be putting your efforts down so quickly. I also think the hot press block stays smooth while you are painting, maybe because the paint sits on top and you might not over saturate the paper. Just a thought.
Carrie