Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Work in Progress


Three feet by four feet! This is by far the largest painting I have attempted! It's still early, but you can see the first steps of the underpainting (bottom photo) and the beginnings of pastel application.

Elizabeth Steinbaugh at Aurora Gallery mounted the Wallis paper onto Gatorboard for me (thank you, Elizabeth!) so that the wet underpainting would not cause any warping or distortions. It's the perfect solution!!

Stay tuned for more progress on this work!

3 comments:

Celeste Bergin said...

big painting! I like the direction for sure...will it take you a long time to cover 3 feet by 4 feet with pastel?
It has all the bones of a great painting. I'm tuned in to see where it goes next.

Suzanne said...

Wow! I love all those brilliant colors in your tree painting. Your pastel box looks gorgeous.

Kitty Wallis said...

Love those drips! The work looks so fresh.