Monday, January 24, 2011

Chalk it up to experience




I charged off and started in on this full sheet watercolor piece with an idea that I would try my hand at a technique I saw in International Artist Magazine. I spent hours on this, with very high hopes at a beautiful outcome. But, when push came to shove, it did not work out the way I wanted. So, chalk this one up to experience and move on. That's just what I'll do.

But, I have to say that I believe that no effort is truly wasted. Something good will come out of this. I just know it!

4 comments:

Jan Yates, SCA, Canada said...

i know it will too...

this is quite intriguing--I quite like these patterns of colour and hues and how you have harmoniously assembled them--there is a really clean transparency as well--have said it before and will say it again--love how you just go for it and are fearless when it comes to the journey

Celeste Bergin said...

I agree...no effort is wasted! This is very intriguing. Can you say what it is that you think didn't fulfill your expectations? I really love the design of it.

weekend et coup de brosse said...

aucun effort n'est vain ! ils servent comme vous le savez à notre expérience de peintre, certains s'imaginent être arrivé alors qu'ils ne sont qu'à leur début, alors c'est vrai restons humble dans notre travail et partageons le pour nous aider à mieux voir ce qu'il en ressort! bravo pour ces merveilleuses couleurs !
cath

Anonymous said...

I think it's beautiful! We're always hard on ourselves and maybe the good that can come of it is that you made me remember that spring is just around the corner! yay!