Monday, January 17, 2011

Inspired by International Artist Magazine

The images of his watercolor paintings jumped off the page at me when I read the article about Martin Taylor in International Artist Magazine. If you click the link to the magazine, you can page through to get to Taylor's pages and look for yourself!

He broke up his images into interesting shapes of color and then enhanced this design by using white acrylic to create lines around the shapes. I liked it well enough to try my hand at it myself. So far, I've just drawn the image onto my full sheet of watercolor paper, and painted just a few of the pieces. I'll let you know how this turns out. So far, I love the idea, and I'm excited by the start.

I've been thinking about inspiration and things that inspire me. What inspires you?

I wonder if maybe, just maybe, it's possible that the key to inspiration is the openness and willingness to BE INSPIRED. What do you think?

No comments: