Sunday, February 20, 2011

Analogous palette


analogous color design
10 x 10
pastel on BFK


Kingfisher and Egret


Same shapes in the painting, different colors. While both yesterday and today's paintings feel serene, today's painting feels much more quiet.

Sunshine early in the day compelled me to the refuge. I was thrilled to see the Kingfisher (typically a jittery, chittering, quick flying bird, this guy stayed perched long enough for me to catch him with this photo). I watched the Egret catch a vole and swallow it whole just before I took the photograph. Life is always good and abundant at the Refuge!

3 comments:

Celeste Bergin said...

I always enjoy seeing your photos from the refuge! It would be interesting to see your last two paintings side by side--they are so different...but also the same! Intrigue!

Ralph said...

Nice painting and a wonderful post . Thank you.

SamArtDog said...

Amazing picture of that hyper little kingfisher! They're so handsome that it's always a treat to even catch a glimpse.

I love seeing the same view but with a different palette.