Wednesday, October 19, 2011

free fall in monotype design and blog update

"are you sure my hips don't look big?"
I am in a beautiful free fall with monotype. Like a happy kid, I am playing with design, using brayers to lay ink onto plates, scraping off ink, painting it back on, and doing all kinds of fun and uncomfortable things. "Free fall" sounds a little out of control, so that makes it the perfect phrase to describe my feelings.

Our assignment for tonight's class: create some design patterns with the figure to put the figure into a space. Above you see some of my sketched ideas. Of course, being the over achiever that I am, I have five pages of ideas!

I have just completed a little facelift for my blog and I hope you will enjoy some of the new things I've added. When you browse around, you'll see I've added a spot for sketchbook sketches, titles of art books I am currently reading, and a quote I read and wanted to think about. Check it out and let me know what you think!


2 comments:

Carolyn Rondthaler said...

Like the new "look" of your blog. The figures look like fun. It will be interesting to see how it goes.

Jan Heigh said...

Hi Katherine;

I like your updated blog. How do you like the Joan Mitchell book? I learned so much about her art and life and have been along time fan of her work.

Jan