Sunday, October 23, 2011

long term pose

I love using charcoal for figure drawing. It's the perfect, forgiving, medium for drawing, and I can make all kinds of luscious marks with it.

But, when it comes to the 30 minute poses, I also like to experiment with color. Here I did the initial drawing with charcoal and then painted in some of the shapes with watercolor.

Speaking of figures, I am crazy about the work of Dan, Danny, and John McCaw! Have you seen their work? Take a long, lingering look at it here!

And, speaking of lingering, take a linger with Patricia Barber. You will be glad you did!


4 comments:

SamArtDog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SamArtDog said...

Tried to say how much i like the additionof watercolor to your sketches. It adds dimension. And your new design and layout on the blog is fresh and sophisticated. Nice!

Word verif: FONDEST

SamArtDog said...

Plus...
Your idea book is a great idea. But last year I got the bright idea to give mine all away to a school art program. Hmmm... Well, I hope the kids at least got some big ideas.

P.S. I also think the McCaws are a real phenom. Not bad looking either.

Debra Jones said...

Beautiful figure! She has the look of a ballerina in a resting pose before doing something wonderful with her body!!