Friday, February 26, 2010

Home again

It's been an eventful trip and now I am home again. Dorothy was right, there's no place like home. There's no place like home.

Travel allows change. It shakes me from the normal things that make up my life at home, and it forces me to pay attention. My senses are all tuned to a new frequency and I see, hear, smell, touch, and taste with more awareness and consciousness. My perspectives change. New thoughts are born and begin to grow.

In the midst of this trip, an art workshop that nourished my artist soul. My father's illness that broke my heart and continues to grind and twist. Time with loved ones. And glorious views of our beautiful country.

I am home. There's no place like home. But, I am changed. That's how travel works. Like magic.





3 comments:

Celeste Bergin said...

welcome home, Kvan! Everyone will be so glad to see you!

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

Thanks, Celeste! I look forward to seeing you soon. Kvan

Anonymous said...

Wonderful description of the benefits of travel!