Monday, November 2, 2009

Subject to Interpretations

9 x 12

For our Winter Project this year, the Portland Plein Air and Studio Painters will paint from a common photo reference and post the results on a new blog (created for this project) "Subject to Interpretations." The blog will be updated as entries arrive. I will post a new photo reference around the first and fifteenth of the winter months.

You can see it by clicking here or by scrolling down my blog roll on the right until you get to it, then click.

I am excited about this project and I hope that we have lots of participants. It's interesting to me to see how different people view the same subject in different ways.

This is my interpretation for the first subject. I can see that I've painted the grasses more golden than the photo reference indicates. Maybe that tells you a little about me -- how I long for the warmth of the California sunshine!

No comments: