Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hourglasses of light

watercolor on Arches 140#
26 x 40


Here you can see my first efforts of translating my graphite sketches to watercolor sketches. I like the idea of exploring a theme and variations on the theme. Sounds like music!

If the top row were numbered (left to right) #1-5 and the bottom row (left to right) were #6-10, which do you think are the best? Which attracts your eye, if any, and why?

My favorites are #3 and #7.

#3 because it captures the surprise I felt at the dark current of water that broke the shape of light.

#7 for the variety of edges and interesting white shape.



4 comments:

Ralph said...

Great I never ever leave your blog feeling that I should not have bothered. Every timme I learn something and I find myself going away uplifted. THank you again.

Kaylyn Munro said...

Frame it! I think its really interesting as a repeated image...warholly.

SamArtDog said...

I'm with Kaylyn; frame the whole enchilada. I also quite like her word, "Warholly". Obviously, that should be the title.

Jeez, with friends like us, who needs an agent?

P.S. Word verification; rapshmo. That's the name of our agency.

Celeste Bergin said...

I can't pick--they all look good. Watercolor is fun--I have never done much of it..but I can tell you have a real knack for it.