Tuesday, August 30, 2011

everything emptying into white

Lilies and Hydrangeas, 8 x 10, oil on canvas panel
Plugging away at my assignment from Elio Camacho. Number 20 above. 180 to go. As I prepare to apply each new stroke, I ask myself, "is this lighter or darker than what's next to it? cooler or warmer?" and I mix the color on my palette to match what I see. This is one of the more successful all white still life studies. But, more to come!

And, it seems that Cat Stevens was right, even Carly Simon thinks so. Everything's emptying into white!

2 comments:

Cmichaudart said...

good for you, right on track, keep sharing...it's an amazing assignment. good luck!

Kitty Wallis said...

I'm touched by the delicate values used in the petals of the closest lily. I feel life and motion there.