Wednesday, August 3, 2011

watery thoughts

patterns on the water remind me of Chuck Close

sweet ride on the water (photo credit: Steven Rush)



Mt Rainier dominates the vistas of Puget Sound  ... read about it here, watercolor

sketchbook page from today, ink, Inktense pencils, water

"Zee hond" in Dutch, translated "sea dog" ... aaarf!

On the water and I can feel my perspectives changing. In my spare time I increased my Dutch vocabulary, but I long to get back to my oils and practice what I learned at Elio's workshop. Soon enough.

2 comments:

Casey Klahn said...

We call the Seahawks the Sea Dogs, sometimes. Now I can say that in Dutch.

Very well blogged, and I always love anything with Mt. Rainier in it.

SamArtDog said...

That's a gorgeous picture of the water, and the watercolor of Rainier is full of light.

That zee hond is a spotty dog without a tail.

Going somewhere?