Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Eight+ New Show at O'Connor's



these guys didn't even stop talking
when we hung my painting
right over their heads



pastels are still cool to the touch
not ready for prime time yet!


This morning I got to meet with my art group, the Portland Plein Air and Studio Painters, for our regular Tuesday meeting at O'Connor's Restaurant. It's great to have a group of artists to spend time with, talking about (what else?) ... ART!

In addition, Eight+ (the small group of regulars, kind of the core group) hung a new show! You can see my new painting hanging above the booth with guys having a breakfast meeting. These guys were amazing! Not even a break in conversation as we took down a painting and hung a new one right there over the top of them.

A quick check on my new pastels. they are still cool to the touch, so I know they aren't dry enough to use. Soon.

4 comments:

Celeste Bergin said...

Your painting is a beauty--You should post a close up--it is one of my favorites of yours! I can't wait to see what you do next with your new pastels. :)

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

Thanks for the suggestion, Celeste! Done. Looks great. Kvan

Margaret Plumb said...

Hi Katherine--I don't know you but I know Bess & Germaine from the Ogilvie workshop in Springfield. I am on the workshop committee as well. I sooooo wanted to take the Ogilvie workshop but couldn't swing it. I'm enjoying gleaning a little from your blogs, though. Your website is interesting to me 'cause I am also a musician and an artist.
Nice paintings--I love the sailboat, and yes, I definitely think its a strong composition.

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

Margaret, good to hear from you. What instrument do you play? Did we get to meet in Springfield?